tellabs;login;clogin

If I manually run the tlrancid or clogin command, it gets in just fine. However, I don't actually get the scripts to run ... so I'm assuming I'm missing a correlation between files. Any help would be appreciated.

Confidentiality Notice: The information herein transmitted or attached is intended only for the person or entity to which this e-mail is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any and all computers, servers, and e-mail programs. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Re: Tellabs equipment [ In reply to ]
Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 06:57:27PM +0000, Luke Smith:
> I'm new to configuring Rancid, so forgive me if I'm not asking the right questions. I've turned up a rancid server, I can get Cisco, Adtran, and Foundry no issues. I'm moving over to my Tellabs now and I've found a rancid-ssi github that I was able to find a tlrancid.in file on the commands needed and clogin works fine to get me into the device, but when I actually start a run, it doesn't get into the device, what happens in the logs I get the following error:
>
> Trying to get all of the configs.
> exec(tlrancid) failed router manufacturer tellabs: No such file or directory
>
> I went ahead and in the rancid.types.base I added the following:

I recommend using rancid.types.conf instead; see the comment at the
top of .base.

> # Tellabs
> tellabs;script;tlrancid
> tellabs;login;clogin
>
> If I manually run the tlrancid or clogin command, it gets in just fine. However, I don't actually get the scripts to run ... so I'm assuming I'm missing a correlation between files. Any help would be appreciated.

make sure that tlrancid is executable, has the correct interpretter as
its first line and it in rancid's path according to rancid.conf:PATH
or make it a FQPN in the rancid.types.conf entry.

Re: [EXTERNAL] - Re: Tellabs equipment [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the response John,

>> I'm new to configuring Rancid, so forgive me if I'm not asking the right questions. I've turned up a rancid server, I can get Cisco, Adtran, and Foundry no issues. I'm moving over to my Tellabs now and I've found a rancid-ssi github that I was able to find a tlrancid.in file on the commands needed and clogin works fine to get me into the device, but when I actually start a run, it doesn't get into the device, what happens in the logs I get the following error:
>>
>> Trying to get all of the configs.
>> exec(tlrancid) failed router manufacturer tellabs: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> I went ahead and in the rancid.types.base I added the following:

>I recommend using rancid.types.conf instead; see the comment at the top of .base.

I get what you mean for .conf instead of .base ... I put in base as that was the file location I had saved in my notes.

>> # Tellabs
>> tellabs;script;tlrancid
>> tellabs;login;clogin
>>
>> If I manually run the tlrancid or clogin command, it gets in just fine. However, I don't actually get the scripts to run ... so I'm assuming I'm missing a correlation between files. Any help would be appreciated.
>>

> make sure that tlrancid is executable, has the correct interpretter as its first line and it in rancid's path according to rancid.conf:PATH or make it a FQPN in the rancid.types.conf entry.

I have this as the first couple of lines, is this what you mean?
#! /bin/expect --
##
## $Id: clogin.in 3943 2019-01-18 16:18:34Z heas $
##