Mailing List Archive

Possible bug
Hi,

I think that there might be a problem with the fnlogin script. It may
because I'm attempting to execute it on a Fortiweb system (not Fortigate),
but there is one last ' "send "end\r" ' that shouldn't be there.

Sample of ssh session with the unit, doing the same thing as the fnolgin
script:

[rancid@server bin]$ ssh -l ranciduser fortiweb.example.com
ranciduser@fortiweb.example.com's password:
fortiweb $ config system console

fortiweb (console) $ set output standard

fortiweb (console) $ end

fortiweb $ end
Command fail. CLI parsing error.

I'm using the fnlogin script "3915 2018-10-29 21:05:01Z"

I don't have a Fortigate unit to test, so I do not know if it's OS-related
or not.

Ugo Bellavance (ugob@lubik.ca)
Re: Possible bug [ In reply to ]
Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 08:24:35AM -0400, Ugo Bellavance:
> Hi,
>
> I think that there might be a problem with the fnlogin script. It may
> because I'm attempting to execute it on a Fortiweb system (not Fortigate),
> but there is one last ' "send "end\r" ' that shouldn't be there.
>
> Sample of ssh session with the unit, doing the same thing as the fnolgin
> script:
>
> [rancid@server bin]$ ssh -l ranciduser fortiweb.example.com
> ranciduser@fortiweb.example.com's password:
> fortiweb $ config system console
>
> fortiweb (console) $ set output standard
>
> fortiweb (console) $ end
>
> fortiweb $ end
> Command fail. CLI parsing error.

it should be sending 'config global' first. Have you altered the script?

> I'm using the fnlogin script "3915 2018-10-29 21:05:01Z"

This part of the script has not changed since then.