http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2012-January/006152.html

Thanks,
Ryan
Re: Notifications on Errors [ In reply to ]
On mine, I have group@ which emails out the updates for my devices in
"group" and rancid-group@ which rancid uses to email out alerts. I thought
this was the standard approach?

Re: Notifications on Errors [ In reply to ]
Sorry,

rancid-group@ for diffs
rancid-admin-group@ for errors

Step 6 of https://github.com/renard/rancid/blob/master/README

Cheers,

Craig

Re: Notifications on Errors [ In reply to ]
Will that notify me on just errors and not diffs too if I setup rancid to
email?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019, 5:38 AM Craig Hopkins <c.o.hopkins@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry,
>
> rancid-group@ for diffs
> rancid-admin-group@ for errors
>
> Step 6 of https://github.com/renard/rancid/blob/master/README
>
> Cheers,
>
> Craig
>
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 at 11:35, Craig Hopkins <c.o.hopkins@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On mine, I have group@ which emails out the updates for my devices in
>> "group" and rancid-group@ which rancid uses to email out alerts. I
>> thought this was the standard approach?
>>
>> On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 at 11:00, Ryan Gelobter <ryan.g@atwgpc.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there anything anyone has more recent than the post below to get
>>> notified when RANCID runs but has errors? Such as can't login, no available
>>> cipher type, etc? Someone mentioned in 2012 they wrote a wrapper to syslog
>>> and send that to splunk to and write reports based off the logs but never
>>> posted the script.
>>>

>>> http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2012-January/006152.html
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ryan

Re: Notifications on Errors [ In reply to ]
Each one has a specific role. They don't duplicate.

Cheers,

Craig

Re: Notifications on Errors [ In reply to ]
Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 12:03:42PM +0100, Craig Hopkins:
> Each one has a specific role. They don't duplicate.

It is not the errors themselves that are sent to the admin list. it
sends notification about devices added/removed (which is duplicated
to the diff list in diff form of router.db) and when the age of a
device's collection exceed rancid.conf(5):OLDTIME time. Off the top,
that is all that goes to admin.

Re: Notifications on Errors [ In reply to ]
Thanks Craig. rancid-admin-group@ was exactly what i needed.