Mailing List Archive

Cisco NX "chatty" with Power info
!Env: Power Actual Total

!Env: Supply Model Input Capacity Status

!Env: (Watts ) (Watts )

!Env: ------- ---------- --------------- ------ ----------
--------------------

- !Env: 1 N9K-PAC-1200W-B 180 W 1200 W
Ok

+ !Env: 1 N9K-PAC-1200W-B 182 W 1200 W
Ok

!Env: 2 N9K-PAC-1200W-B 162 W 1200 W
Ok

!Env: Power Usage Summary:

Every time Rancid runs, we get erroneous reports because the power usage
fluctuates by 1-2 watts per run. Any suggestions on how to keep the good
information (availability, etc) without getting this level of detail?

thanks in advance!

--
FF
Re: Cisco NX "chatty" with Power info [ In reply to ]
The best way is to stop rancid from running the commands that generate non-config output. There is no easy way to have rancid grab that output, but not send out alert emails for it, or somehow ignore it for checking in purposes.

The standard way to do this is to create new config blocks in rancid.types.conf for a given type and give it a unique name, and leave off all of the commands you don't need. Then reference that new type name in your router.db files.

Check this previous thread, and the reply at the very bottom by heasly for a better description:

https://lists.gt.net/rancid/users/8150
Gossamer Mailing List Archive. I should add, that I did modify f5rancid a while back based on a suggestion from this list, but that doesn't seem to be working:
lists.gt.net