Mailing List Archive

3.99.99 and Nokia/Alcatel/Alu/SROS
We've a number of SAR-8 SAR-AX SAS-S devices which I'm wanting to
collect configs of. My test device is "TiMOS-B-10.0.R6 both/hops
Nokia SAS-S 24T4SFP+ 7210 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 Nokia"

I've run into a few minor issues which I've worked around.
- extra calls to turn off the paging in addition to "environment no more"
- A few commands that I apparently don't have permissions to run e.g.
I can't run "admin display-config index" but can run "admin
display-config"
- a few commands that don't seem to be present on this hardware/software version

I've configured a new base type "ttsros" to work around these issues
but (and this is the biggie) I seem to be hitting an "End of run not
found" error

e.g.

rancid@dev-test:/usr/local/rancid/bin$ export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/rancid/bin
rancid@dev-test:/usr/local/rancid/bin$ ./rancid -d -t ttsros
OBFUSCATED.domain.net
loadtype: device type ttsros
loadtype: found device type ttsros in /usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.conf
executing noklogin -t 90 -c"show system information;file type
bootlog.txt;show redundancy synchronization;show chassis;show chassis
power-supply;show chassis power-management;show card state;show card
detail;show debug;show bof;admin display-config" OBFUSCATED.domain.net
PROMPT MATCH: [*]?A:OBFUSCATED#
HIT COMMAND:*A:OBFUSCATED# show system information
In ShowSystemInfo: A:OBFUSCATED# show system information
HIT COMMAND:*A:OBFUSCATED# file type bootlog.txt
In BootLog: A:OBFUSCATED# file type bootlog.txt
HIT COMMAND:*A:OBFUSCATED# show redundancy synchronization
In ShowRedundancy: A:OBFUSCATED# show redundancy synchronization
HIT COMMAND:*A:OBFUSCATED# show chassis
In ShowChassis: A:OBFUSCATED# show chassis
OBFUSCATED.domain.net: missed cmd(s): show chassis power-supply, show
chassis power-management, show card state, show card detail, show
debug, show bof
OBFUSCATED.domain.net: End of run not found
OBFUSCATED.domain.net: clean_run is false
OBFUSCATED.domain.net: found_end is false
# A:OBFUSCATED# show chassis

Questions:

Should I be using 3.99.99?
Should it work on this device?
Should it work on the other devices?

Any suggestions on how to further debug this issue if the answers to
the above are yes ?

Re: 3.99.99 and Nokia/Alcatel/Alu/SROS [ In reply to ]
Am 06.02.2019 um 19:12 schrieb rancid <rancid@uuuuuu.net>:

> We've a number of SAR-8 SAR-AX SAS-S devices which I'm wanting to
> collect configs of. My test device is "TiMOS-B-10.0.R6 both/hops
> Nokia SAS-S 24T4SFP+ 7210 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 Nokia"
>
> I've run into a few minor issues which I've worked around.
> - extra calls to turn off the paging in addition to "environment no more"

What do you mean by this? What is the spurce of extra commands?

> - A few commands that I apparently don't have permissions to run e.g.
> I can't run "admin display-config index" but can run "admin
> display-config"

Fix the permissions! /-)

> - a few commands that don't seem to be present on this hardware/software version

Thats does not matter. That should be ignored; if not i‘d like to know so that it can be fixed.

> I've configured a new base type "ttsros" to work around these issues
> but (and this is the biggie) I seem to be hitting an "End of run not
> found" error
>
> e.g.
>
> rancid@dev-test:/usr/local/rancid/bin$ export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/rancid/bin
> rancid@dev-test:/usr/local/rancid/bin$ ./rancid -d -t ttsros
> OBFUSCATED.domain.net
> loadtype: device type ttsros
> loadtype: found device type ttsros in /usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.conf
> executing noklogin -t 90 -c"show system information;file type
> bootlog.txt;show redundancy synchronization;show chassis;show chassis
> power-supply;show chassis power-management;show card state;show card
> detail;show debug;show bof;admin display-config" OBFUSCATED.domain.net
> PROMPT MATCH: [*]?A:OBFUSCATED#
> HIT COMMAND:*A:OBFUSCATED# show system information
> In ShowSystemInfo: A:OBFUSCATED# show system information
> HIT COMMAND:*A:OBFUSCATED# file type bootlog.txt
> In BootLog: A:OBFUSCATED# file type bootlog.txt
> HIT COMMAND:*A:OBFUSCATED# show redundancy synchronization
> In ShowRedundancy: A:OBFUSCATED# show redundancy synchronization
> HIT COMMAND:*A:OBFUSCATED# show chassis
> In ShowChassis: A:OBFUSCATED# show chassis
> OBFUSCATED.domain.net: missed cmd(s): show chassis power-supply, show
> chassis power-management, show card state, show card detail, show
> debug, show bof
> OBFUSCATED.domain.net: End of run not found
> OBFUSCATED.domain.net: clean_run is false
> OBFUSCATED.domain.net: found_end is false
> # A:OBFUSCATED# show chassis
>
> Questions:
>
> Should I be using 3.99.99?

Shrug. 3.9 would be better

> Should it work on this device?

Afaik, yes. Nokiafolks helped test on various timos devices, though i do not know if they tested your particular device.

> Should it work on the other devices?

Yes, i expect all sros devices and srosmd. My nokia experience is limited though.

> Any suggestions on how to further debug this issue if the answers to
> the above are yes ?

The log looks weird; show chassis both found and missing. Id ask that you use the sros type for testing, so i dont have to debug what youve changed