Or do an in-place upgrade of 16.04 to 19.04?

Thanx in advance,
derek
Re: Upgrading rancid [ In reply to ]
Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 08:32:25PM +0000, Pedrosi, Derek G.:
> Is there an accepted method for updating RANCID?
> I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 (with SVN), and I believe it only supports 3.3, which I am running.
>
> Is it best just to install a fresh 19.04 Ubuntu and copy the old repos over the new server?
> If so, how is that best accomplished (I really have no clue)?
>
> Or do an in-place upgrade of 16.04 to 19.04?

I presume any of the above would work. backup your rancid.conf before
upgrading.

One could also use the source tarball; just use the same configure options
that ubuntu uses (I do not know what those are, but it is not the defaults)
and install over-top of the existing installation.