swsr1: End of run not found
return
... "
Does anyone know where is the problem ?
Before upgrade, everything was ok with these routers in rancid.
Please help, we don't know how to solve the problem.
Thanks.

Yann.
Re: Problem rancid 3.7 after cmw / hp 5130 routers 5130 firmware upgrade [ In reply to ]
Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 12:02:09PM +0100, Service Informatique CH DECIZE:
> Hello,
>
> We have made a firmware update on our cwm / hp 5130 routers : upgrade from
> 3115P05 release (7.1.045) to 3208P03 release (7.1.070).
> Since upgrade, we receive "config fetcher problems" mails, that indicates " The
> following routers have not been successfully contacted for more than 24
> hours".
> In the rancid logs, we can see for these routers :
> " Trying to get all of the configs.
> swsr1: End of run not found
> return
> Getting missed routers: round 1.
> swsr1: End of run not found
> return
> ... "
> Does anyone know where is the problem ?
> Before upgrade, everything was ok with these routers in rancid.

what device type are you using for these? It looks like you are using a
older version of rancid or have a custom module?

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 after cmw / hp 5130 routers 5130 firmware upgrade [ In reply to ]
We use cmw device type (before and after upgrade)...
No modification in the rancid config. Just routers firmware upgrade.

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 after cmw / hp 5130 routers 5130 firmware upgrade [ In reply to ]
We have made a clogin test :
"

*rancid@SRV-TOOLS2:/usr/lib/rancid/bin$ ./clogin SWA22swa22spawn telnet -K
swa22Trying 172.16.1.22...telnet: Unable to connect to remote host:
Connection refusedspawn ssh -c aes128-cbc -x -l admin swa22admin@swa22's
password: <SWA22><SWA22>exitConnection to swa22
closed.rancid@SRV-TOOLS2:/usr/lib/rancid/bin$ ./clogin SWA21swa21spawn
telnet -K swa21Trying 172.16.1.21...Connected to swa21.ch-decize.fr
<http://swa21.ch-decize.fr>.Escape character is '^]'.Login
authenticationUsername:adminPassword:<SWA21><SWA21>quitConnection closed by
foreign host.rancid@SRV-TOOLS2:/usr/lib/rancid/bin$ *"

SWA22, as SWSR1, is a router for which we receive "config fetcher problems"
mails...
SWA21 is a router for which we have no problem.
SWA22 clogin test shows a first telnet connexion refused. It's perhaps the
origin of our problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 after cmw / hp 5130 routers 5130 firmware upgrade [ In reply to ]
Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 09:10:27AM +0100, Service Informatique CH DECIZE:
> We have made a clogin test :
> "

> *rancid@SRV-TOOLS2:/usr/lib/rancid/bin$ ./clogin SWA22swa22spawn telnet -K
> swa22Trying 172.16.1.22...telnet: Unable to connect to remote host:
> Connection refusedspawn ssh -c aes128-cbc -x -l admin swa22admin@swa22's
> password: <SWA22><SWA22>exitConnection to swa22
> closed.rancid@SRV-TOOLS2:/usr/lib/rancid/bin$ ./clogin SWA21swa21spawn
> telnet -K swa21Trying 172.16.1.21...Connected to swa21.ch-decize.fr
> <http://swa21.ch-decize.fr>.Escape character is '^]'.Login
> authenticationUsername:adminPassword:<SWA21><SWA21>quitConnection closed by
> foreign host.rancid@SRV-TOOLS2:/usr/lib/rancid/bin$ *"
>
> SWA22, as SWSR1, is a router for which we receive "config fetcher problems"
> mails...
> SWA21 is a router for which we have no problem.
> SWA22 clogin test shows a first telnet connexion refused. It's perhaps the
> origin of our problem ?

we do not support that module; ask whomever wrote it. but, my guess
would be that the cause is that the device appears to not reliably
echo the <CR> after 'exit' and the loop around input must be adjusted
to accept that, as the ios module does.

i do not know the hp 5130; you might try the hp, foundry, or smc device
types that rancid supports.

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 after cmw / hp 5130 routers 5130 firmware upgrade [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, heasley wrote:

> we do not support that module; ask whomever wrote it. but, my guess
> would be that the cause is that the device appears to not reliably
> echo the <CR> after 'exit' and the loop around input must be adjusted
> to accept that, as the ios module does.
>
> i do not know the hp 5130; you might try the hp, foundry, or smc device
> types that rancid supports.

I can look at this. I haven't tried version 3208P03 so I'll upgrade one
of mine and see what has happened and suggest changes.

Jethro.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 after cmw / hp 5130 routers 5130 firmware upgrade [ In reply to ]
Hello,
Many thanks Jethro, your help is welcome.
When will have you time to take a look at the problem please ? Just to know
if we can hope a solution soon, or not...

Yann.