The schedule to download and send config difference emails is every hour. I have seen multiple emails, but nothing with my change in it. I also went into the Rancid directory structure in Linux and the date in there is also 7 months old. Is there anything you can do to assist?

Thank you!

Larry L.
Re: Rancid not updating [ In reply to ]
Start by looking in the log file (usually in the rancid directory structure, try ~/var/rancid/logs (though I think depending on how installed it may be elsewhere). Find the latest log, look at it, see what is happening.

If it's not there (i.e. no logs) rancid is probably not starting. Restarting it depends on linux variant, but if a reboot is possible just reboot.

If the log is there and it gives an error, start with that as it should give a clue. Post results if you need further help after seeing that.

There are also lots of debugging postings on the net (just try searching for rancid debug), indeed one technique is to follow the install instructions after the install where it describes how to test login, etc.

Linwood