Is there anyone who fights with same problem?

Rancid version is 3.7

-mikko
Re: Backup Extreme switches [ In reply to ]
Peltokangas Mikko wrote on 28/08/2018 15:55:
> Hey, I have Extreme switches from x200 and x460-series. Cant get any
> backup from those.
> Is there anyone who fights with same problem?

make sure the configuration has been saved on the switches first. If
the config hasn't been saved, the collection process will hang.

Nick

Re: Backup Extreme switches [ In reply to ]
Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 07:07:46PM +0100, Nick Hilliard:
> Peltokangas Mikko wrote on 28/08/2018 15:55:
> > Hey, I have Extreme switches from x200 and x460-series. Cant get any
> > backup from those.
> > Is there anyone who fights with same problem?
>
> make sure the configuration has been saved on the switches first. If
> the config hasn't been saved, the collection process will hang.

it shouldnt. please should me xlogin -d -c 'somecommand' output.

Re: Backup Extreme switches [ In reply to ]
heasley wrote on 28/08/2018 19:54:
> it shouldnt. please should me xlogin -d -c 'somecommand' output.

fake news. This was a bug affecting older versions, but it seems to be
fixed now.

Mikko, make sure you can log in to the switches using ssh from the
rancid account, because the versions of XOS that are supported on these
devices only allows deprecated crypto parameters. You may need this in
your ~rancid/.ssh/config file:

--
Host *
KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

Nick

Re: Backup Extreme switches [ In reply to ]
Well, I'm trying to log in via telnet.

I found this package, what gives some guidance for that:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsqclfxg8c8p9n1/rancid-extreme-changes.tgz?dl=0&file_subpath=%2F.
There's only one problem, it tells that I need to add that vendor-to-script -translation to rancid-fe but when I'm looking my
rancid-fe, it look like this: https://pastebin.com/ptb5LZQ8

Do I have some wrong version or something else odd?

Should I add new type to /etc/rancid/rancid.types.base dispite the threat of voodoo doll? ;)

--
-m
L?hett?j?: Nick Hilliard <nick@foobar.org>

Re: Backup Extreme switches [ In reply to ]
Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 10:52:03AM +0000, Peltokangas Mikko:
> Well, I'm trying to log in via telnet.
>
> I found this package, what gives some guidance for that:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsqclfxg8c8p9n1/rancid-extreme-changes.tgz?dl=0&file_subpath=%2F.
> There's only one problem, it tells that I need to add that vendor-to-script -translation to rancid-fe but when I'm looking my
> rancid-fe, it look like this: https://pastebin.com/ptb5LZQ8
>
> Do I have some wrong version or something else odd?

that is unsupported in 3.x.

> Should I add new type to /etc/rancid/rancid.types.base dispite the threat of voodoo doll? ;)

you could add one to rancid.types.conf, but it should not be necessary.
please follow the debugging sets in the FAQ S3 Q2 to debug the reason
xlogin is failing or to help us help you by sharing that output.