Mailing List Archive

xilogin, stuck on system-view
Hi All,

Using latest version of Rancid and xilogin to connect to Huawei AR169's, when trying to pass the command 'system-view' it appears that xilogin gets stuck and cannot interpret the prompt changing from '>' to ']', has anyone else experienced this?

Regards,
Re: xilogin, stuck on system-view [ In reply to ]
Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 01:34:06AM +0000, james Di Trapani:
> Hi All,
>

> Using latest version of Rancid and xilogin to connect to Huawei AR169's, when trying to pass the command 'system-view' it appears that xilogin gets stuck and cannot interpret the prompt changing from '>' to ']', has anyone else experienced this?

is this a device that runs VRP? it was developed against VRP v5.170, which
does not change the prompt as you describe; or at least not that I
discovered.

if it is not VRP, I likely can not help. if it does, I need a full
transcript.

eval `rancid -t vrp -C hostname` &> output