Mailing List Archive

Username sent after login
Hi All

Working with an ASA version 9.8(2), am able to get the login to work, and have the ASA set to auto-enable.

For some reason, the username is sent following the successful login, and I think it's messing up the script - I get the errors 'missed cmd(s)' and 'End of run not found' in the logfiles.

./cloginrc:
add user <username>
add method <device> ssh
add password <device> <password> (note, no enable pw here)
add autoenable <device> 0

I've tried 'autoenable 1', 'autoenable 0', 'noenable 1', it continues to send the username as follows:

[rancid@<rancidhostname> bin]$ ./clogin <asahostname>
<asahostname>
spawn ssh -x -l <username> <asahostname>

THIS IS A PRIVATE COMPUTER SYSTEM. It is for authorized use only.

<username>@<asahostname>'s password:
User <username> logged in to <asahostname>
Logins over the last 2 days: 138. Last login: 07:59:26 EDT Jul 18 2018 from <ipaddress>
Failed logins since the last login: 0.
Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.
<asahostname># <username>
^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
<asahostname>#
<asahostname># exit

Thanks in advance
Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included in any attachment.
Re: Username sent after login [ In reply to ]
Please look through the archives. This has been discussed several times in
the last few months.

You need to either hack clogin or disable the “last successful login”
banner on the ASA.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 11:49 AM Marles, Rob <RMarles@trojanuv.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>

> Working with an ASA version 9.8(2), am able to get the login to work, and
> have the ASA set to auto-enable.
>

> For some reason, the username is sent following the successful login, and
> I think it’s messing up the script – I get the errors ‘missed cmd(s)’ and
> ‘End of run not found’ in the logfiles.
>

> ./cloginrc:
>
> add user <username>
>
> add method <device> ssh
>
> add password <device> <password> (note, no enable pw here)
>
> add autoenable <device> 0
>

> I’ve tried ‘autoenable 1’, ‘autoenable 0’, ‘noenable 1’, it continues to
> send the username as follows:
>

> [rancid@<rancidhostname> bin]$ ./clogin <asahostname>
>
> <asahostname>
>
> spawn ssh -x -l <username> <asahostname>
>

> THIS IS A PRIVATE COMPUTER SYSTEM. It is for authorized use only.
>

> <username>@<asahostname>'s password:
>
> User <username> logged in to <asahostname>
>
> Logins over the last 2 days: 138. Last login: 07:59:26 EDT Jul 18 2018
> from <ipaddress>
>
> Failed logins since the last login: 0.
>
> Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.
>
> <asahostname># <username>
>
> ^
>
> ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
>
> <asahostname>#
>
> <asahostname># exit
>

> Thanks in advance
> Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If
> you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying
> to the sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the
> content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance
> of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the
> binding effect of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual
> signature that is included in any attachment.

Dan
Re: Username sent after login [ In reply to ]
Thanks Dan

I was asking because I had searched and kept seeing articles that were close, but not quite the same.

Your hint allowed me to find the post http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2018-June/010255.html

I issued a “no aaa authentication login-history” and things appear to log in without passing the second username.

Oddly, it still shows “missed cmd(s): show running-config view full, show running-config”, “End of run not found”. I guess it wasn’t related afterall.

Re: Username sent after login [ In reply to ]
Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 06:18:44PM +0000, Marles, Rob:
> Thanks Dan
>
> I was asking because I had searched and kept seeing articles that were close, but not quite the same.
>
> Your hint allowed me to find the post http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2018-June/010255.html
>

> I issued a “no aaa authentication login-history” and things appear to log in without passing the second username.
>
> Oddly, it still shows “missed cmd(s): show running-config view full, show running-config”, “End of run not found”. I guess it wasn’t related afterall.

grab the current alpha rancid tarball, that fixes this. That will become
rancid 3.8 at some point today.

Re: Username sent after login [ In reply to ]
Oh cool, willdo. Thanks for the advice!