sh: 1: cmwlogin: not found
swd01: missed cmd(s): all commands
swd01: End of run not found
!"

Please help, I don't know how to resolve the problem.
Thanks.

PS : sorry for my bad english (I'm French ;o) )

Yann PAGE
Re: Problem rancid 3.7 config with cmw routers [ In reply to ]
Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 12:27:37PM +0200, Service Informatique CH DECIZE:
> Hello,
>
> I have made a rancid 3.7 installation on a Ubuntu 18.04 LTS machine.
> I have followed the jrbinks indications ->
> https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/cmwrancid
> My tests are ok with a cisco router (config is ok in cvsweb), but ko with
> cmw / hp routers (model 5120/5130).
>
> In the log file, I have the following error :
> "Added swd01
> Trying to get all of the configs.
> sh: 1: cmwlogin: not found

I am not familiar with cmwlogin, but that error means that the script
can not be found. make sure that it is in the same directroy as
clogin, has permissions 0555 and that the interpreter in the first
line of that file matches the first line of clogin.

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 config with cmw routers [ In reply to ]
Hello,

clogin and cmwlogin are both in /usr/lib/rancid/bin directory, and
permissions seems good (see attached files).
I don't know what you mean : " the interpreter in the first line of that
file matches the first line of clogin". Please take a look at files and
tell me...
Thank you for your help.

Yann.

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 config with cmw routers [ In reply to ]
Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 03:48:33PM +0200, Service Informatique CH DECIZE:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix)

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 config with cmw routers [ In reply to ]
What’s your $PATH variable set to for the rancid user?

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:10 AM Service Informatique CH DECIZE <
serv.informatique.chd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have made a rancid 3.7 installation on a Ubuntu 18.04 LTS machine.
> I have followed the jrbinks indications ->
> https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/cmwrancid
> My tests are ok with a cisco router (config is ok in cvsweb), but ko with
> cmw / hp routers (model 5120/5130).
>
> In the log file, I have the following error :
> "Added swd01
> Trying to get all of the configs.
> sh: 1: cmwlogin: not found
> swd01: missed cmd(s): all commands
> swd01: End of run not found
> !"
>
> Please help, I don't know how to resolve the problem.
> Thanks.
>
> PS : sorry for my bad english (I'm French ;o) )
>
> Yann PAGE

Dan
Re: Problem rancid 3.7 config with cmw routers [ In reply to ]
Hello,
The $PATH variable for rancid user as the following value :
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/snap/bin
Thanks for your help.

Yann.

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 config with cmw routers [ In reply to ]
You need to add /usr/lib/rancid/bin to the rancid user’s $PATH

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 4:43 AM Service Informatique CH DECIZE <
serv.informatique.chd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> The $PATH variable for rancid user as the following value :
> /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/snap/bin
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Yann.

>> What’s your $PATH variable set to for the rancid user?
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:10 AM Service Informatique CH DECIZE <
>> serv.informatique.chd@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have made a rancid 3.7 installation on a Ubuntu 18.04 LTS machine.
>>> I have followed the jrbinks indications ->
>>> https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/cmwrancid
>>> My tests are ok with a cisco router (config is ok in cvsweb), but ko
>>> with cmw / hp routers (model 5120/5130).
>>>
>>> In the log file, I have the following error :
>>> "Added swd01
>>> Trying to get all of the configs.
>>> sh: 1: cmwlogin: not found
>>> swd01: missed cmd(s): all commands
>>> swd01: End of run not found
>>> !"
>>>
>>> Please help, I don't know how to resolve the problem.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> PS : sorry for my bad english (I'm French ;o) )
>>>
>>> Yann PAGE

>> --
>> Dan
>>

> --
Dan
Re: Problem rancid 3.7 config with cmw routers [ In reply to ]
Still "sh: 1: cmwlogin: not found" in log files, even after having added
/usr/lib/rancid/bin to $PATH ...
Other idea?

Yann.

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 config with cmw routers [ In reply to ]
Hello,
Could someone help us to identify the cause of our rancid problem, and help
us to resolve it ?
Thank you in advance.
Yann.

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 config with cmw routers [ In reply to ]
Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 01:37:20PM +0200, Service Informatique CH DECIZE:
> Hello,
> Could someone help us to identify the cause of our rancid problem, and help
> us to resolve it ?
> Thank you in advance.
> Yann.

I have told you how to fix it; please re-read the past email.

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 config with cmw routers [ In reply to ]
Depends on your OS. For linux/unix, you can add something like this to the bottom of your rancid user's .cshrc or .bashrc file (in the root of their homedirectory):

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/rancid/bin

If you're not sure how to do this, google something like "centos add to path", amended as appropriate for your operating system.

Regards,

Andy D'Arcy Jewell
Linux/FOSS Operations
CSI LTD
Email: andydj@csiltd.co.uk<https://webmail.csiltd.co.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=HU8AM4nK5Eer2bME-xi1qLoREAxQntMIF4AlMlgTZaouBREWgl-Lq3-aQlwsKWRBa8ZxAmBuwH8.&URL=mailto%3acally.hickman%40csiltd.co.uk>
Tel: 07711 734555

Re: Problem rancid 3.7 config with cmw routers [ In reply to ]
Hello,
Great thanks to heasley, my problem is fixed !
I put the same interpreter in the first line of cmwlogin file than in the
first line of clogin file. And after a rancid-run, no error in log files.
I need to do some other tests, but it's ok now.
Thanks again!
Yann.