Trying to get all of the configs.
Can't use 'defined(%hash)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at
/usr/lib/rancid/bin/drancid line 49.

and for the A10s:

device.ip.address: End of run not found

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Craig
Re: backup issues - A10s and Force10 [ In reply to ]
drancid? that's interesting. I used f10rancid when I had a whole bunch
of S50, S55, S4810, C150, C300, and E600i.

On 5/24/2018 5:57 AM, Craig Hopkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since updating to Debian 9.4 (rancid 3.6.2) I can a10login / clogin to
> my A10 and Dell Force10 kit but the rancid runs aren't working.
>
> The logs for Force10s is
>
> Trying to get all of the configs.
> Can't use 'defined(%hash)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
> at /usr/lib/rancid/bin/drancid line 49.
>
> and for the A10s:
>
> device.ip.address: End of run not found
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Craig

Doug Hughes
Keystone NAP
Fairless Hills, PA
1.844.KEYBLOCK (539.2562)
Re: backup issues - A10s and Force10 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Sorry for generating this as a new thread, but I had Digest Mode on so I
can't reply to the original.

Thanks to Doug Hughes for steering me in the right direction on the
Force10s - I'd been using "dell" as the device type, and I guess "force10"
took over from that at some point since the last time I updated. I've
changed my devices and they're now backing up.

Does anybody have a clue about the A10s? "End of run not found" is really
not helping me figure out a starting point.

Cheers,

Craig

Re: backup issues - A10s and Force10 [ In reply to ]
Send in a rancid -d on it

rancid -d -t a10 <device>

On 5/29/2018 9:34 AM, Craig Hopkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for generating this as a new thread, but I had Digest Mode on so
> I can't reply to the original.
>
> Thanks to Doug Hughes for steering me in the right direction on the
> Force10s - I'd been using "dell" as the device type, and I guess
> "force10" took over from that at some point since the last time I
> updated. I've changed my devices and they're now backing up.
>
> Does anybody have a clue about the A10s? "End of run not found" is
> really not helping me figure out a starting point.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Craig
>
> On 24 May 2018 at 10:57, Craig Hopkins <c.o.hopkins@gmail.com
> <mailto:c.o.hopkins@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Since updating to Debian 9.4 (rancid 3.6.2) I can a10login /
> clogin to my A10 and Dell Force10 kit but the rancid runs aren't
> working.
>
> The logs for Force10s is
>
> Trying to get all of the configs.
> Can't use 'defined(%hash)' (Maybe you should just omit the
> defined()?) at /usr/lib/rancid/bin/drancid line 49.
>
> and for the A10s:
>
> device.ip.address: End of run not found
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Craig

Doug Hughes
Keystone NAP
Fairless Hills, PA
1.844.KEYBLOCK (539.2562)
Re: backup issues - A10s and Force10 [ In reply to ]
Tried that, thanks. It was trying to do show run without being in enable
mode. I hadn't made any changes to our config, so something must have
changed inside rancid.

Changing the cloginrc config resolved it, so I'm all good now.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Craig