Mailing List Archive

Rancid fails to login to device - Press a to accept
Hello All,

Thank you all in advance.

I have deployed new fortigate firewall and added into Rancid for auto backup. But backups failed, after checking I have found below

/usr/local/rancid/bin/fnlogin Firewall1
W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G
(Press 'a' to accept):Timeout !!!!! here asking to press a to continue!!!!
This is cloginrc configuration

rancid/.cloginrc config.
====================
add user Firewall1 ranciduser
add password Firewall1 Password123
add method Firewall1 ssh
add autoenable Firewall1 1

Thanks,
Sathish
________________________________
Disclaimer: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message and its attachments. Any unauthorized use, copying or dissemination of this transmission is prohibited. Neither the confidentiality nor the integrity of this message can be vouched for following transmission on the Internet.
Re: Rancid fails to login to device - Press a to accept [ In reply to ]
Thu, Oct 05, 2017 at 06:28:39AM +0000, Sathish Kumar. Ippani:
> Hello All,
>
> Thank you all in advance.
>

> I have deployed new fortigate firewall and added into Rancid for auto backup. But backups failed, after checking I have found below
>

> /usr/local/rancid/bin/fnlogin Firewall1
> W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G
> (Press 'a' to accept):Timeout !!!!! here asking to press a to continue!!!!
> This is cloginrc configuration

you will have to show us a transcript of this dialog from a manual login,
including some context (hopefully full context).