Mailing List Archive

Simple Quagga setup in OSPFv3
Hello everyone!

I'm a "newbie" where it comes to dynamic routing and well, routing in
general I guess, so I'm having trouble setting up what should be a pretty
simple connection.
This is the current setup:

ROUTER
/ \
SERVER1 SERVER2

The idea is to have SERVER1 be able to talk with SERVER2 through ROUTER,
using OSPFv3. Why OSPFv3? Because this is only the initial setup of
something much more complex, and I'll have to be able to adjust costs for
the ROUTER - SERVER1 and ROUTER - SERVER2 connections. Later the idea is to
have ROUTER connect to "the external network" and provide the connection
between it and SERVER1 and SERVER2. But for now I just need what's in the
picture, through OSPFv3.

Anyway, this should be pretty simple.

The first question is, do I need just one quagga daemon running in ROUTER or
do I need quagga daemons also running in SERVER1 and SERVER2? I have quagga
installed and ready to go in all machines.

And the other one is, what configuration should I use? I can provide what I
have at the moment, but I'm not sure if it is much use, since it doesn't
work... Anyway, if you'd like to see what I have please ask for it.

Thanks,
Sérgio Gomes
Re: Simple Quagga setup in OSPFv3 [ In reply to ]
Oh, silly me, I forgot to mention how they're connected.

ROUTER has 2 network cards, eth1 and eth2. SERVER1 and SERVER2 have one
network card each, eth0. They are connected to ROUTER via a crossover cable,
SERVER1 to eth1 in ROUTER and SERVER2 to eth2 in ROUTER.

Sérgio Gomes