Mailing List Archive

Help with pimd
I've been using Quagga ospfd without issue. I'm now trying to do
multicast routing and setup of pimd. However I'm having problems getting
my configuration correct. I've got pimd up on a couple of my nodes, but
I'm not seeing PIM traffic both directions between the nodes. I'm only
seeing PIM traffic in one direction, so I assume I'm missing something
in my configuration.

The configuration on my nodes looks like this. I specify the network
interfaces that each node should be sending or receiving multicast on.

hostname nodeA0
password zebra
log file /var/log/quagga/pimd.log

ip multicast-routing

interface eth1.21
  ip pim ssm
  ip igmp

interface eth1.16
  ip pim ssm
  ip igmp

Can someone give me some ideas for debugging this?

Thank you,
Jon Schewe

--
Research Scientist
Raytheon BBN Technologies

Re: Help with pimd [ In reply to ]
I made some progress. I found that I was pointing pimd at an interface
that didn't have an IP address. When I switched to the bridge interface
containing the physical interface and the bridge has an IP address, I
started seeing PIM traffic in both directions.

--
Research Scientist
Raytheon BBN Technologies