Mailing List Archive

Is there any quagga version can support vxlan now?
I'm a new in quagga, and I need to use vxlan protocol with quagga, but it seems no vxlan can be support now, I have search from version 0.99 to version 1.2.4, Is there any quagga version can support vxlan now?

And, I found the vyatta(vyos) support vxlan, why? It's developed by Broadcade and not open-source?

Thanks
Re: Is there any quagga version can support vxlan now? [ In reply to ]
On 20/02/19 15:02, Yuanfeng (Yvan) wrote:
> I?m a new in quagga, and I need to use vxlan protocol with quagga, but
> it seems no vxlan can be support now, I have search from version 0.99 to
> version 1.2.4, Is there any quagga version can support vxlan now?

VXLAN is configured at the OS level, eg
https://vincent.bernat.ch/en/blog/2017-vxlan-linux then
https://vincent.bernat.ch/en/blog/2017-vxlan-bgp-evpn#using-quagga-or-frr

> And, I found the vyatta(vyos) support vxlan, why? It?s developed by
> Broadcade and not open-source?
vyatta switched to using ZebOS, which is the closed-source continuation
of the original Zebra project that quagga forked from.

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer