Mailing List Archive

view names appear in /run on only some servers
Hi,
Some of my servers show the view names under namespaces in the /run file system:

root@aaaprodgw08:/home/vcadmin# mount | less
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/netns type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=3294872k,mode=755)
proc on /run/netns/59da260e-85e6-40f6-b897-e019813cb9a3 type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /run/netns/3fc95e23-834a-437f-81f1-8d7eb1ededf1 type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /run/netns/f6bbd149-f417-4b22-9b7d-4d60e539c524 type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /run/netns/fb12ebf0-8510-4a0f-b6e9-637e06d7ca2e type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)

But some of my servers, that implement the same views, do not show the view names:

root@aaalabgw01:/home/vcadmin# mount
/dev/sda1 on / type ext4 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,size=10%,mode=0755)
systemd on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,none,name=systemd)
root@ordlabvelogw01:/home/vcadmin#

The ones that show the view names just started doing so recently. I don't know exactly when, so I can't pin down any precursors to this behavior.

What do you see in your mount table? Do you see the view names?

Running:
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 14.04
Codename: trusty

Thanks,

David

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.