to stop the compiler from throwing warnings about stupid things. I
didn't touch the extract.pl script, I need to look around there some
more. Please take a look at my diff and see if it looks good.
Re: Compiler Warnings [ In reply to ]
PC Drew wrote:
> Using the following configuration settings (and some variations
> thereof) on Quagga version 0.96.4:
>
> ./configure --enable-vtysh \
> --enable-snmp \
> --sysconfdir=/etc/quagga \
> --enable-tcp-zebra \
> --enable-nssa \
> --enable-opaque-lsa \
> --enable-ospf-te \
> --enable-rtadv
>
> I went through and fixed pieces of code throughout all of the
> modules to stop the compiler from throwing warnings about stupid
> things. I didn't touch the extract.pl script, I need to look
> around there some more. Please take a look at my diff and see if
> it looks good.

Looks OK. If there will be no objections, I will commit it tomorrow.

> * vtysh/vtysh.c: fixed null pointer sentinel value for OpenBSD when
> doing execl and friends, fixes compile warning. Should this be
> standard for all operating systems?

Yes IMHO.

--
Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Compiler Warnings [ In reply to ]
PC Drew wrote:
> Using the following configuration settings (and some variations
> thereof) on Quagga version 0.96.4:
>
> ./configure --enable-vtysh \
> --enable-snmp \
> --sysconfdir=/etc/quagga \
> --enable-tcp-zebra \
> --enable-nssa \
> --enable-opaque-lsa \
> --enable-ospf-te \
> --enable-rtadv
>
> I went through and fixed pieces of code throughout all of the
> modules to stop the compiler from throwing warnings about stupid
> things. I didn't touch the extract.pl script, I need to look
> around there some more. Please take a look at my diff and see if
> it looks good.

Thanks. I just commited most of your patch. Some fixes were already in
CVS and I didn't commit this one:

* vtysh/vtysh.c: typecast vtysh_completion_entry_function to Function
*, fixes compile warning.

This actually introduced warning for me in Linux.

PS. It would be really nice to have patch against CVS HEAD next time.

--
Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Compiler Warnings [ In reply to ]
On Mar 4, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Hasso Tepper wrote:

> PC Drew wrote:
>> Using the following configuration settings (and some variations
>> thereof) on Quagga version 0.96.4:
>>
>> ./configure --enable-vtysh \
>> --enable-snmp \
>> --sysconfdir=/etc/quagga \
>> --enable-tcp-zebra \
>> --enable-nssa \
>> --enable-opaque-lsa \
>> --enable-ospf-te \
>> --enable-rtadv
>>
>> I went through and fixed pieces of code throughout all of the
>> modules to stop the compiler from throwing warnings about stupid
>> things. I didn't touch the extract.pl script, I need to look
>> around there some more. Please take a look at my diff and see if
>> it looks good.
>
> Thanks. I just commited most of your patch. Some fixes were already in
> CVS and I didn't commit this one:
>
> * vtysh/vtysh.c: typecast vtysh_completion_entry_function to Function
> *, fixes compile warning.
>
> This actually introduced warning for me in Linux.

I'll look into this some more.

> PS. It would be really nice to have patch against CVS HEAD next time.

I figured someone might say that :). I'll go ahead and do that from
now on.

--
PC Drew
Manager, Dominet