Mailing List Archive

Revision of Route Server patch
Just another revision to fix a couple of problems:

* Added 'show bgp rsclient NEIGHBOR X:X::X:X' and 'show bgp rsclient NEIGHBOR
X:X::X:X/M' (as well as the IPv4 versions of both). These commands display
information about a route or prefix in some RS-Client's RIB at the Route
Server

* Corrected a bug about global nexthop for IPv6 routes defined with 'network
...' commands: If the global nexthop of such routes was modified by a
route-map (either the route-map in 'network X:X::X:X/M route-map WORD' or the
Import route-map of some RS-client), the global nexthop appeared correctly
modified in local RIBs, but before being sent to remote peers, the IPv6
global nexthop was always overwriten. The reason was that instead of checking
wether the IPv6 nexthop is 0::0, function 'bgp_announce_check' checked wether
the route comes from bgp->peer_self.

* Fixed the order of Import/Export route-maps when shown by 'show bgp
rsclient command'

* IPv4 version of the 'show bgp rsclient (A.B.C.D|X:X::X:X)' command is now
available

As always, I will welcome any feedback :-)

Regards,

Jose
Re: Revision of Route Server patch [ In reply to ]
Jose,

Do the new neighbor statements include the received-routes and
advertised-routes commands?

You had also mentioned that BGP-dumps may not work with RSCLIENTS.
Is this just the updates between the RIBS of RSCLIENTS or anything that is
tagged route-server-client can not be dumped?

Mike Gibbs

Re: Revision of Route Server patch [ In reply to ]
Has anyone had any issues with this patched to quagga .96.4? I currently
have this deployed in a test system, and have 4 neighbors. 3 are sending
full routes (130k) each to the route server. They are all
route-server-clients. I am then exporting those routes (all 130kx3) to the
4 route-server-member. After about an hour to an hour and a half, BGPD
crashes without a useful error. Has anyone else run into this?

Mike Gibbs

Re: Revision of Route Server patch [ In reply to ]
Well, it might be a memory leak. Could you send me the output of
the commands 'show memory bgp' and 'show memory lib' at different
times, say for example after 10 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 1:20...

Another thing that could be useful is the log, even though it can be quite big
after an hour and a half :-) If you don't have debug enabled you can do it by
adding the following lines.

log file /tmp/bgpd.debug
!
debug bgp
debug bgp events
debug bgp filters
debug bgp fsm
debug bgp keepalives
debug bgp updates

Regards,

Jose

Re: Revision of Route Server patch [ In reply to ]
Jose,

I didn't see much in the way of growth in the memory usage from the
below commands. After an hour and 10 minutes it was stable at a set memory
level. 6 minutes after that it just died. I ran it without the -d, to see
what stderr or stdout would say when it died, and it gave a Bus error when
it crashed. I am doing a diag on the machine, but so far the hardware seems
clean. Thoughts?

Mike Gibbs