De: David Fernández [mailto:david@dit.upm.es]
Enviado el: lunes, 26 de enero de 2004 12:35
Para: 'user-mode-linux-user@lists.sourceforge.net'
CC: 'David Fernández'
Asunto: New UML tool available: Virtual Network User Mode Linux (VNUML)

Hello,

During the past year, we have developed a tool named Virtual
Network User Mode Linux (VNUML) which is an open-source general
purpose virtualization tool designed to quickly define and test
network simulation scenarios based on User Mode Linux (UML).

VNUML tool is made of two main componets: the VNUML language
used for describing simulations in XML; and the interpreter
of the language (vnuml command), that builds and manages the
simulation, hidding all UML complex details to the user.

This tool has been developed in the context of IPv6 related
Euro6IX research project (www.euro6ix.org) to simulate IPv6 IX
scenarios using zebra/quagga routing daemon. You can find it
here:

http://www.dit.upm.es/vnuml

There you can find the tool, its documentation and some
interesting examples.

VNUML is still beta software, but we think it can be a
very useful tool to simplify the use of UML for testing
applications and network related software, as well as
for computer network laboratories.

Please, let us know if you find VNUML tool useful (we'll be
very happy to know about how you use the tool) and send us
any suggestions, bug reports, examples, etc. to:

vnuml at dit.upm.es

Best regards,
David Fernández & Fermín Galán
Technical University of Madrid