do permanent link in download/cvs directory to the latest snapshot?

With respect,
Boris
Re: Snapshots [ In reply to ]
I'm FreeBSD Quagga port maintainer. I have an idea to create
quagga-devel port for users, who want to always use the recent
Quagga. To not change port every time new snapshot is coming is this
possible to do permanent link in download/cvs directory to the latest
snapshot?

You want to create a port which builds today's snapshots
automatically?

But you need to update md5/sha1 sum, and PLIST may change. Also, some
snaps may change behavior badly (has happened before!), so port
maintainer doing rough checking before committing new snap date is
useful.

See pkgsrc-wip.sourceforge.net, dir quagga-devel if you like for a
pkgsrc example.

--
Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
Re: Snapshots [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Boris Kovalenko wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm FreeBSD Quagga port maintainer. I have an idea to create
> quagga-devel port for users, who want to always use the recent
> Quagga. To not change port every time new snapshot is coming is
> this possible to do permanent link in download/cvs directory to the
> latest snapshot?

hmm.. the script should create a quagga-latest.tar.gz symlink. but no
doesnt. will fix.

> With respect,
> Boris

regards,