I have worked with the code to change this. Those CONNECTED/INTERFACE
routes seems to me to be quite useless - they are not announced to rip
neighbors and I'm not able to find code which needs them to work properly.
I was thinking if we can remove then completly but maybe I forget about
something important?

Any comments on this?

Best regards,

Krzysztof Oledzki
Re: RFC: CONNECTED/INTERFACE - "C(i)" routes in ripd [ In reply to ]
When the following configuration is used:

interface ip0:
1.2.3.4/24
2.3.4.5/24

interface jp0:
3.4.5.6/24

router rip
network 1.2.0.0/16
redistribute connected

The RIP dstabase is:
1.2.3.0/24 is C(i)
2.3.4.0/24 is C(r)
3.4.5.0/24 is C(r)
The 3 routes are announced on ip0, but they are not announced via jp0

If the configuration is :
router rip
network ip0
redistribute connected

The RIP database becomes:
1.2.3.0/24 is C(i)
2.3.4.0/24 is C(i)
3.4.5.0/24 is C(r)

Does it help ?

Regards,
Vincent

Re: RFC: CONNECTED/INTERFACE - "C(i)" routes in ripd [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Vincent Jardin wrote:

> When the following configuration is used:
>
> interface ip0:
> 1.2.3.4/24
> 2.3.4.5/24
>
> interface jp0:
> 3.4.5.6/24
>
> router rip
> network 1.2.0.0/16
> redistribute connected
>
> The RIP dstabase is:
> 1.2.3.0/24 is C(i)
> 2.3.4.0/24 is C(r)
> 3.4.5.0/24 is C(r)
> The 3 routes are announced on ip0, but they are not announced via jp0

OK. Since "network 1.2.0.0/16" matches '1.2.3.4/24' and '2.3.4.5/24' it is
normall that routes are only announced via jp0. But AFAIK without
"redistribute connected" ripd is expected not to announced such routes.

> If the configuration is :
> router rip
> network ip0
> redistribute connected
>
> The RIP database becomes:
> 1.2.3.0/24 is C(i)
> 2.3.4.0/24 is C(i)
> 3.4.5.0/24 is C(r)
>
> Does it help ?
Yes.. No :) Hm :) Hm :) So we can see what the code does. But as far as
I understand RIP this should not happend. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,

Krzysztof Oledzki