Mailing List Archive

Re: ripd
> Refresh my memory, what's required to get ripd into reasonable shape?

Speaking of ripd, can I ask a couple of quick questions (and feel free to
point me to the documentation if I've missed something)?

First, is it possible to use an access-list to filter received RIP routes
so that I do accept the default (and a few others) but don't accept
everything else. The obvious (to me)

access-list InfDef permit aaa.bbb.ccc.0/24
access-list InfDef permit 0.0.0.0/0
access-list InfDef deny any

doesn't appear to work, as it's equivalent to permitting "any". I've also
tried 0.0.0.0/32 and /other-things as the default, but without success so
far.

Secondly, every time I send ripd a HUP to get it to re-read its
configuration it appears to start sending an extra copy of all its routes
to its interfaces.

Something I'm missing somewhere?
--
Dr George D M Ross, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
Kings Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3JZ
Re: ripd [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, George Ross wrote:

> First, is it possible to use an access-list to filter received RIP routes
> so that I do accept the default (and a few others) but don't accept
> everything else. The obvious (to me)
>
> access-list InfDef permit aaa.bbb.ccc.0/24
> access-list InfDef permit 0.0.0.0/0
> access-list InfDef deny any
>
> doesn't appear to work, as it's equivalent to permitting "any". I've also
> tried 0.0.0.0/32 and /other-things as the default, but without success so
> far.

Hm... what about:

access-list InfDef permit aaa.bbb.ccc.0/24 exact-match
access-list InfDef permit 0.0.0.0/0 exact-match
access-list InfDef deny any

distribute-list InfDef in

Best regards,

Krzysztof Olêdzki