Technik CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller
Lütticher Straße 10 Tel 0241/701333-11
ch@westend.com D-52064 Aachen Fax 0241/911879
Re: ospfAreaLsaCksumSum not implemented? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Christian Hammers wrote:

> Hello
>
> I would like to see the OSPF LSA-Checksum like on Cisco routers to
> verify that the routers have the same view of our network but it seems
> that this feature is not implemented.

LSA checksum is verified yes, in ospf_ls_upd_list_lsa().

> Is that true? (can it work without? :-))

its mandated by the RFC, so you have to do it really.

> bye,
>
> -christian-

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org Key ID: 64A2FF6A
warning: do not ever send email to spam@dishone.st
Re: ospfAreaLsaCksumSum not implemented? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 05:09:59PM +0000, Paul Jakma wrote:
> > I would like to see the OSPF LSA-Checksum like on Cisco routers to
> > verify that the routers have the same view of our network but it seems
> > that this feature is not implemented.
>
> LSA checksum is verified yes, in ospf_ls_upd_list_lsa().

What is verified in this function seems to be lsah->checksum, which is
displayed as
.ospf.ospfLsdbTable.ospfLsdbEntry.ospfLsdbChecksum (.14.4.1.7)
in ospf_snmp.c. What I'm looking for is
.ospf.ospfAreaTable.ospfAreaEntry.ospfAreaLsaCksumSum (.14.2.1.8)
which is just one number per router. The snmp function just does
a hardcoded "return SNMP_INTEGER(0);" here.

I understood this variable as a on-request generated checksum over all
OSPF information in that router that could be usefull when assuming that
one router might have a corrupt database due to faulty or lacking
memory.

bye,

-christian-

--
Christian Hammers WESTEND GmbH | Internet-Business-Provider
Re: ospfAreaLsaCksumSum not implemented? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Christian Hammers wrote:

> I understood this variable as a on-request generated checksum over
> all OSPF information in that router that could be usefull when
> assuming that one router might have a corrupt database due to
> faulty or lacking memory.

Hmm... its an idea. What information in the LSAs should be included?

> bye,
>
> -christian-

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org Key ID: 64A2FF6A
warning: do not ever send email to spam@dishone.st
Fortune:
Software production is assumed to be a line function, but it is run
like a staff function.
-- Paul Licker