Mailing List Archive

Documentation Tasks.
Ok, here it is kids,

We've got a couple of sections to beef up pretty badly with content and
proper explanation. This is a manual, not only an info page. To be honest,
all of it has to be beefed up. Nothing has been assigned yet and this tree
of the documentation is still in devel stage. Feel free to add something
to it.

\Quagga base
|--+ Introduction to Quagga
|-> Overview
|-> Installation
|-> Generic configuration
|-> Information on how to get quagga/misc opt

+ Advanced networking fundamentals
|-> IPv4/IPv6
|-> Static / Dynamic / On-Demand routing
|-> Concepts (class, etc.)

+ Tutorials
|-> Filtering
|-> Access lists
|-> Route maps
|-> Route redistribution
|-> Route summarization

+ IGP
\-+ RIPv1
|-> How does RIPv1 work
|-> Timers
|-> Message format
|-> Functionality (detailed with examples)
|-> Metric manipulation (detailed with examples)
|-> Troubleshooting (FAQ/Very well known issues)
|-> RFCs and other documentation

+ RIPv2
|-> How does RIPv2 work
|-> Timers
|-> Message format
|-> Compatibility
|-> Authentication
|-> Functionality (detailed with examples)
|-> Troubleshooting (FAQ/Very well known issues)
|-> RFCs and other documentation

+ RIPng (IPv6)
|-> How does RIPng (IPv6) work
|-> Timers
|-> Message format
|-> Compatibility
|-> Authentication
|-> Functionality (detailed with examples)
|-> Troubleshooting (FAQ/Very well known issues)
|-> RFCs and other documentation

+ OSPFv2
|-> How does OSPFv2 work
|-> Protocol details
+-> Packet format
+-> LSA format
|-> Timers
|-> Neighbor/network types
|-> Authentication
|-> Functionality (detailed with examples)
|-> Troubleshooting (FAQ/Very well known issues)
|-> RFCs and other documentation

+ OSPFv3 (IPv6)
|-> How does OSPFv3 (IPv6) work
|-> Protocol details
+-> Packet format
+-> LSA format
|-> Timers
|-> Neighbor/network types
|-> Authentication
|-> Functionality (detailed with examples)
|-> Troubleshooting (FAQ/Very well known issues)
|-> RFCs and other documentation
/-+
+ EGP
\-+ BGP4
|-> How does BGP4 work
|-> Protocol details
|-> Timers
|-> Address familly
|-> Route server/reflector
|-> Confederations
|-> Communities
|-> BGP table - packet dump format
|-> Decision process
|-> Functionality (detailed with examples)
|-> Troubleshooting (FAQ/Very well known issues)
|-> RFCs and other documentation

/-+
+ Quagga programmer reference
+ SNMP
+ VTYSH
---/

What do you think? Who wants what? I've got to assign sections and get the
work going.

--
Jean-François Laforest - IPv6 Peer
http://www.ipv6peer.net/moo/jfl.gpg
Re: Documentation Tasks. [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 12:16, Jean-Francois Laforest wrote:
> /-+
> + Quagga programmer reference
> + SNMP
> + VTYSH
>
> What do you think? Who wants what? I've got to assign sections and get the
> work going.

I could *contribute* to the programmer reference. I am writing an OLSR
daemon for quagga and have created a 'dummy' daemon patch for new
developers to start playing with. I will send these patches soon and
*gasp* might even document them. :)

/Amit
--
.| Amit Kucheria |.