btw, I did some minor patches to zebra for a few nat features. You could basically control some of the basic functions of natd from within zebra. That was some time ago, and I've never actually posted them anywhere. Would the quagga project be interested in this kind of patch (since it is not platform indenpendent, but rather bound to FreeBSD) if I could get it to work on quagga?

Regards,
Kristian
Re: FreeBSD ports [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Kristian Larsson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I would like to know if there is someone planing on maintaining a
> port (in the FreeBSD ports system) for FreeBSD or have some
> response to the idea of me maintaining one.

I think there is a Quagga FreeBSD port already. Though, there are
issues still to be fixed with it.

> btw, I did some minor patches to zebra for a few nat features. You
> could basically control some of the basic functions of natd from
> within zebra. That was some time ago, and I've never actually
> posted them anywhere. Would the quagga project be interested in
> this kind of patch (since it is not platform indenpendent, but
> rather bound to FreeBSD) if I could get it to work on quagga?

Might be interested, if its nicely abstracted to not preclude support
of other systems.

> Regards,
> Kristian

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org Key ID: 64A2FF6A
warning: do not ever send email to spam@dishone.st
Re: FreeBSD ports [ In reply to ]
Kristian Larsson wrote:
Hello!

There is Quagga port in FreeBSD ports tree already. Unfortunatelly,
port creator have some stress for now and does not maintain it. I have
wrote some port related patches (to choose apropriate localstatedir and
sysconfdir, create and own directories) and send it to bms@FreeBSD.org
and fuzzball@ipv6peer.net about a month ago and waiting for committing.
Also, I have plans to implement 5.X new init support but see no reason
to continue work until first patches will be approved.

Yours truly,
Boris Kovalenko

Re: FreeBSD ports [ In reply to ]
speaking of freebsd..

find attached a patch to fix some of the configure.ac warnings.

it really adds a lot of crap to configure.ac though, not sure if i'll
add it. The BSDs should get with the 90s and fix up their header
files i think to pull in neccessary includes (probably).

till then, attached might be useful for the FreeBSD port to have as
an addon patch.

regards

--paulj

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Boris Kovalenko wrote:

> Kristian Larsson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> There is Quagga port in FreeBSD ports tree already. Unfortunatelly,
> port creator have some stress for now and does not maintain it. I have
> wrote some port related patches (to choose apropriate localstatedir and
> sysconfdir, create and own directories) and send it to bms@FreeBSD.org
> and fuzzball@ipv6peer.net about a month ago and waiting for committing.
> Also, I have plans to implement 5.X new init support but see no reason
> to continue work until first patches will be approved.
>
> Yours truly,
> Boris Kovalenko

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org Key ID: 64A2FF6A
warning: do not ever send email to spam@dishone.st
Fortune:
A commune is where people join together to share their lack of wealth.
-- R. Stallman
Re: FreeBSD ports [ In reply to ]
there is??

I found the one under net/zebra-pj
but there is no makefile or anything, just a tar.gz of quagga. that's not really what I would call a port!?!
and when searching for quagga on the freebsd ports homepage (or in the actual ports) you'll find nothing.

Regards,
Kristian

Re: FreeBSD ports [ In reply to ]
It was added 3 weeks ago.