Mailing List Archive

Re: [zebra 20474] Zebra programming guide
Hi,

I sent a mail to the quagga-devel mailing list about the following
resources besides those listed on www.quagga.net. I am reproducing the
email below.

Paul: You might consider adding these to the resources.

Also, I have implemented a 'dummy' daemon that uses the zebra framework
to get/send messages from/to the zebra daemon. It is an implementation
of the zebra-hacking howto updated for current versions. Would you
consider adding it to the source tree so that new developers have
something to start experimenting with?

Regards,
Amit

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 12:57, Jack Lin wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know if there is a zebra programming guide out there? I
> am not looking for the user guide, which comes with the package. I am
> looking to add functionality to zebra, and would like a guide to explain
> some of the implementations.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks.
>
> jack

---------------------
Hi,

I was looking at zebra (quagga) code and stumbled across some documents
that might be useful to others looking to get involved with quagga
development. Maybe we could add it to the website.

Hope it helps.

/Amit

1. Performance of zebra routing software By Rod Fatoohi & Rupinder
Singh, Computer Engineering, San Jose State University
http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/fatoohi/340-117.pdf

2. Linux Network
http://dcn.ssu.ac.kr/~softgear/prog_sw_report_summer_99.pdf

3. Software Architecture of Zebra
http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/cs427/Software+Architecture+of+Zebra

--
.| Amit Kucheria |.
...| Wireless Systems Engineer |...
Re: [zebra 20474] Zebra programming guide [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Amit Kucheria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I sent a mail to the quagga-devel mailing list about the following
> resources besides those listed on www.quagga.net. I am reproducing
> the email below.
>
> Paul: You might consider adding these to the resources.
>
> Also, I have implemented a 'dummy' daemon that uses the zebra framework
> to get/send messages from/to the zebra daemon. It is an implementation
> of the zebra-hacking howto updated for current versions. Would you
> consider adding it to the source tree so that new developers have
> something to start experimenting with?

Yes, that'd be great! There's already an ospfclient - example client
implementation of the OSPF-API.

> Regards,
> Amit
>
> 1. Performance of zebra routing software By Rod Fatoohi & Rupinder
> Singh, Computer Engineering, San Jose State University
> http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/fatoohi/340-117.pdf
>
> 2. Linux Network
> http://dcn.ssu.ac.kr/~softgear/prog_sw_report_summer_99.pdf
>
> 3. Software Architecture of Zebra
> http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/cs427/Software+Architecture+of+Zebra

And thanks for the links! Will put them up on the site.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org Key ID: 64A2FF6A
warning: do not ever send email to spam@dishone.st