Mailing List Archive

Re: [zebra 20304] Re: ANNOUNCE: Quagga Routing Suite release0.96
On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 12:01, Paul Jakma wrote:

> I think part of the problem is possibly the fact bgpd creates a dummy
> peer for tcp connection open (ie connections accepted by bgpd). This
> means the bgp peer list potentially has /two/ peer structures for a
> given peer, the true peer structure (created by bgpd to connect out
> to the peer) and the dummy peer (created by inbound connection). I
> think this should die and instead we should stick the "peer
> information" part of struct peer into a seperate struct
> (peer_information?) and add 2 instances of struct peer_information to
> struct peer: info_accept and info_local with a final pointer to point
> to the authoratitive peer_information struct (info).

Hello Paul,

In our network, we've seen some rare cases with Zebra 0.93b where after
a BGP session flap, the session would not come back up. Doing a "show
ip bgp nei" would show TWO neighbor entries for the peer IP. Removing
the neighbor from the configuration only removes one of them. The only
way to get the situation back to normal is to kill and restart bgpd. It
sounds like this behaviour is the result of what you describe above.

Regards,

Ruud de Rooij
Luna.nl

Luna.nl B.V.
Puntegaalstraat 109 Postbus 63000 Tel : (010) 750 2000
3024 EB ROTTERDAM 3002 JA ROTTERDAM Fax : (010) 750 2002
www.luna.nl luna@luna.nl Helpdesk: (010) 750 2020