Mailing List Archive

FW: [quagga-users 152] ANNOUNCE: Quagga Routing Suite release 0.96
On Wednesday, August 13, 2003 Paul Jakma wrote:
> Quagga Routing Suite, a fork of the GNU Zebra Routing Suite has
> announced its initial release, quagga-0.96. This release contains
> many patches, from a variety of contributors.

Big thanks Quagga maintainers!!!

Quagga-0.96 has certainly made a hit with our customers. A special
thanks to Paul for his OSPF NSSA work, it too has solved number problems
we were encountering.

I am quite grateful for the fork, it has finally relieved that incessant
Zebra log jam. Currently, I am in the process of obsolescing Zebra and
replacing it with Quagga in our distro's. While I do so look forward to
Quagga receiving GNU status, it would simply be icing on a very sweet
cake.

Excellent job,

-Peter
Re: FW: [quagga-users 152] ANNOUNCE: Quagga Routing Suite release 0.96 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Puntenney, Peter S wrote:

> > many patches, from a variety of contributors.
>
> Big thanks Quagga maintainers!!!
>
> Quagga-0.96 has certainly made a hit with our customers. A special
> thanks to Paul for his OSPF NSSA work, it too has solved number problems
> we were encountering.

0.96 shouldnt work for OSPF actually. Nor will 0.96.1. Current CVS
should work, though not perfectly. Will be releasing a 0.96.2
soonish.

Glad to hear NSSA works better. :) Kevin Miller (and others) did most
of the NSSA ASBR work and the initial NSSA ABR work, i tried to make
NSSA ABR work a wee bit better.

> While I do so look forward to Quagga receiving GNU status, it would
> simply be icing on a very sweet cake.

:)

> Excellent job,

good to hear :)