Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: AW: Re: Idea for new features (bgp-daemon) [ In reply to ]
--On Wednesday, August 6, 2003 6:20 pm +0300 Gilad Arnold
<gilad.arnold@terayon.com> wrote:

> Sounds puzzling to me: does this mean that vty is blocked during those
> 'repeat' sessions? (probably so, otherwise you can't stop those chains,

'blocked' - not in the 'hang the program' style, no. I imagine it would
work like 'top' - execute the command, displaying what fits on a page, then
sleeping for n seconds unless someone hits 'q' - when it stops, and returns
to a prompt.

Seems to be a relatively easy thing to do, to me (without having to hack
things so 'repeat' appears on the end of each command.

Sure you could do this with a script, but I actually think its something I
would use if it were there (as opposed to some of the other gunk that folks
seem to want to add ;)

Rick
Re: AW: Re: Idea for new features (bgp-daemon) [ In reply to ]
ok, not quite ideal, but on linux, you can do...

watch "vtysh -e 'sh ip bgp summ'"

assuming that vtysh doesnt have a password.

I am not saying that the repeat function wouldnt be useful - i am just
suggesting an alternative.

paul