Mailing List Archive

Re: Quagga 1.2.4 and Quagga 1.1.0 RIP metric 20 issue
Hello All,

I have observed an issue with Quagga 1.1.0 and Quagga 1.2.4 . The issue is
When a Router running quagga 1.1.0 or quagga 1.24 receives RIP routes with
metric 1, it adds the routes with metric 20 instead of 2 . This seems
wierd as the maximum RIP metric is 16.

We dont observe the above issue on quagga 0.99.22.4. That is , When Router
running quagga 0.99.22.4, receives RIP routes with metric 1, it adds the
routes with metric 2.

Is this issue observed by anyone ? Please provide your inputs.

Regards,
Siva

Re: Quagga 1.2.4 and Quagga 1.1.0 RIP metric 20 issue [ In reply to ]
This is because of the commit 4d3ae716ce86c28e3979c9ae57c4e717ac5e27e4
which intentionally removed metric when installing the routes into the
kernel.

I agree metric is still useful in FIB routes, in some special cases.
If it is a valid concern for you, I guess you may revert the change
for your own usage.

Regards,
Xiaodong

Re: Quagga 1.2.4 and Quagga 1.1.0 RIP metric 20 issue [ In reply to ]
Hi Xiaodong,

Thank you very much for your reply
I will revert the commit and check .
Thanks .