Mailing List Archive

Problem with configuration
Hello!

I'm running quagga version 1.2.4 configured with:
--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/quagga --mandir=/usr/share/man --localstatedir=/var/run/quagga --infodir=/usr/share/info
--enable-vtysh --enable-tcp-zebra --enable-isisd --enable-irdp --enable-vty-group=quaggavty --enable-multipath=64
--enable-snmp=agentx --with-libpam

I configured quagga for OSPF (v2) and it works with some minor problem, that I'll think I will
solve by myself.

But I have a problem, that I cannot explain and I'm not sure, if this is a bug or
just a misconfiguration or misunderstanding.

I tried to change by configuration in the vtysh:

SRV-OSPF# show running-config
[...]
router ospf
ospf router-id 172.27.1.24
passive-interface eth0
passive-interface eth2
network 192.168.2.0/30 area 0.0.0.0
network 192.168.2.4/30 area 0.0.0.0
distribute-list KERNELOUT out kernel
distribute-list KERNELOUT out connected
distribute-list KERNELOUT out static
[...]
SRV-OSPF# configure terminal
SRV-OSPF# router ospf
SRV-OSPF# redistribute static
SRV-OSPF# redistribute connected
SRV-OSPF# redistribute kernel
SRV-OSPF# end
SRV-OSPF# show running-config
[...]
router ospf
ospf router-id 172.27.1.24
passive-interface eth0
passive-interface eth2
network 192.168.2.0/30 area 0.0.0.0
network 192.168.2.4/30 area 0.0.0.0
distribute-list KERNELOUT out kernel
distribute-list KERNELOUT out connected
distribute-list KERNELOUT out static
[...]

As you can see above, the "redistribute" settings are not saved. I can change other
values (like adding a new network), which will be saved. I can then save the changed
config with "write memory" to disk. This works flawlessly.

I tried this serveral times (with another order of the commands and additional other
settings in the same run), but it did not work.

As a last try I restarted the ospfd daemon and tried it again. Then it worked without
problems! The ospfd daemon was running for almost two days when I tried to change the
configuration. I suspect this error will only turn up, if the daemon ran a certain
time.

Does anybody have an explanation for this or can reproduce the bug?
Or are I doing something wrong?

Regards
Sven Anders

--