Mailing List Archive

New Debian Maintainer
Hi,

I have recently taken on maintainership of quagga in Debian and have
made some changes to the packaging to bring it closer to upstream.
Debian users please be aware of this and read the NEWS and other
documentation associated with the package.

Scott.
Re: New Debian Maintainer [ In reply to ]
Hi Scott,

Welcome. Also, it could be nice to have the necessary bits to build
Debian packages directly in the upstream. I don't use debian myself, so
never added the needed bits.

Be happy to have someone else add and maintain that.

regards,

Paul

--
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:

Re: New Debian Maintainer [ In reply to ]
On 2016-12-22.12:43, Paul Jakma wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Welcome. Also, it could be nice to have the necessary bits to build Debian
> packages directly in the upstream. I don't use debian myself, so never added
> the needed bits.

Hi Paul,

Thanks :)

Actually, it's easier to keep the Debian-specific bits out of upstream
trees because it can make things more difficult for certain packaging
workflows. If you're interested, there is more detail here:
https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide#Pristine_Upstream_Source

Scott.
Re: New Debian Maintainer [ In reply to ]
Hi Scott,

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017, Scott Leggett wrote:

> Actually, it's easier to keep the Debian-specific bits out of upstream
> trees because it can make things more difficult for certain packaging
> workflows. If you're interested, there is more detail here:
> https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide#Pristine_Upstream_Source

Ok, well, shame. I guess I'll just pull the debian bits from you into
Quagga then.

It's useful to be able to build distro packages directly from the git
repo. Don't claim them to be up-to-date - as we're not the distros - but
hopefully still usable for quick testing.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:
If life is merely a joke, the question still remains: for whose amusement?