So, is there a way to setup the .qmail files so that replies to posts go
to the list?

Chris
Re: qlist is great, but reply-to is not [ In reply to ]
Hello ! In a previous interesting mail, Chris Black said :
> So, is there a way to setup the .qmail files so that replies to posts go
> to the list?

Just have your subscribers in a .qmail-list-hook file and set the
.qmail-list to something like :

| ( echo "Reply-To: list@mydoma.in" ; grep -iv "^Reply-To: " ) |
qmail-inject list-hook

If you need the -owner and -default aliases in order to manage bounces,
you'll have to set them for the hook, not for the real posting address.

Anyway, I'm working on a complete preprocessor for qlist until ezmlm is
not released.

Best regards, Frank.

--
(=- Rage Against Epita -*- [http://www.ldh.org] -=)
<<< Frank DENIS aka Jedi/Sector One -*- Email : j@ldh.org >>>
Re: qlist is great, but reply-to is not [ In reply to ]
> never gets to the rest of the list. Is there a way to stop this? I am
> looking into ways I can set the reply-to field. I read a post last month
> about something like this as well.
> So, is there a way to setup the .qmail files so that replies to posts go
> to the list?

Please reconsider doing this. It sounds nice, but it always
results in personal email getting directed to the list.
The caldera-users list has had a big discussion on this
(with the result being to keep munging the Reply-To to
point to the list...bummer) lately. Over the past two months
at least half a dozen messages have been routed to the
list unintentionally, some of them quite embarrassing.
One of them was even a Caldera marketing person
inadvertently letting out a press release 3 days
early.

For some more reasons, take a look at
http://garcon.unicom.com/FAQ/reply-to-harmful.html

Daryl

Daryl L. Biberdorf darylb@superserve.com
Re: qlist is great, but reply-to is not [ In reply to ]
> The caldera-users list has had a big discussion on this
> (with the result being to keep munging the Reply-To to
> point to the list...bummer) lately. Over the past two months
> at least half a dozen messages have been routed to the
> list unintentionally, some of them quite embarrassing.

Depends on the list. This is a clear case of something that has to be
configurable on a per-list basis. Some lists want a Reply-To to the
list, some don't.

olaf