Mailing List Archive

Question...
Dustin Marquess writes:

> I was curious to know why qmail uses listname-owner while the new
> sendmail and other list managers like majordomo seem to prefer
> owner-listname...

There's hacks, and then there's design. qmail is designed to split
the username part of the address into dash-separated sections. They
are then controlled on a left-to-right hierarchical basis.
owner-listname (which is just a convention) breaks that hierarchy, so
qmail doesn't use it.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com> http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software sells network driver support | PGP ok