Mailing List Archive

Question for Dan.
Hi Dan,

I have was question regarding redestribution.

I work for an university and we are considering using qmail on
a number of machines. Some modifications, like making EMPTY_ALIAS
use mail.local, may be made but nothing drastic. Also, because of
the large number of machines involved we would like to use our
internal software destribution mechanism. Note that this package
would be used by my group but it is possible that other groups
within the university may use it. In this case, do I have to get
an aporoval from you or is it ok for me to go ahead and use it?

I guess the question is where does "destribution" begin and end.
Is destribution within an institution ok?

This question was asked twice before (I belive) but I havent seen
an answer yet.

Vlad

--
Vladimir Gabrielescu NBCS System Programmer 1-908-445-4785
vgabriel@toolbox.rutgers.edu http://nbcs.rutgers.edu/~vgabriel/