Mailing List Archive

help with bounced forwarded messages
I have now got qmail to the stage where I can accept incomming mail and
send out mail. so far so good.

I have a number of users on remote machines within my domain that need to
get their mail forwarded.

so I have created a .qmail file for them that redirects to the correct
address

the mail machine is papa (papa.vs.dmicros.com)
a remote machine would be delta (delta.vs.dmicros.com)

a .qmail file for a user would be
&user@delta.vs.dmicros.com

here are my control files

smtproutes file
:mail.u-net.com

defaultdomain file
vs.dmicros.com

locals file
locahost
papa
dmicros.com

me file
papa.vs.dmicros.com

plusdomain file
dmicros.com

if anybody could give me any pointers

the error reported in /uad/adm/messages says
Sorry,I_couldn't_find_any_host_named_delta.vs.dmicros.com.(#5.1.2)

now this host exists and is directly connected via ethernet
it exists in my hosts file and can be 'ping'ed

kevins sig..
try http://www.dvstsol.demon.co.uk/kevin
Re: help with bounced forwarded messages [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Kevin Mulholland wrote:

> the error reported in /uad/adm/messages says
> Sorry,I_couldn't_find_any_host_named_delta.vs.dmicros.com.(#5.1.2)
>
> now this host exists and is directly connected via ethernet
> it exists in my hosts file and can be 'ping'ed

You may have the host defined in /etc/hosts or an NIS map. It has to
be defined in the DNS. Run these commands:

nslookup
set q=any
delta.vs.dmicros.com

If this doesn't return an address record, then your DNS must be fixed.

------- <wooledge@kellnet.com> -------
--- <http://kellnet.com/wooledge/main.html> ---