am I wrong? It just took me too long to figure out :) Maybe including it in
one of the delivery man-pages will save someone else my pain :)
Talking of this, here's a little thing which you can use in conf-unusual.h
to bounce large mail. (Of course it'll only work if the user doesn't have a
.qmail file. Of course it'd be much more resource friendly if this would be
built into qmail)
I'm attaching the tiny program and the proposed change to your conf-unusual.h

Andi
Re: man page missing something? [ In reply to ]
At 22:36 27/02/97 -0000, John Saunders wrote:
>It's under 'man qmail-command' which is the best place since it relates to
>running a command from a .qmail file. Although I'm looking at qmail 1.00
>documentation and it could be different in older versions.

oops I didn't know of this man page :) Yeah I'm running 1.00. But I guess
as dot-qmail mentions exit code 99 it should mention 100 too.

>Do you run quotas on your system? It would interesting to figure out the
>remaining quota and see if the email fits inside before bouncing. Currently
>an over quota simply hangs the message in the queue for a week. If the
>message is over the hard limit it could be bounced immediately.

I run quota's. Actually I think this would be a great idea. I will check it
out. It should be very simple to implement.

I'll post if/when I manage.

Andi
,,,
(o o)
==============================oOO==(_)==OOo===============================
Andi Gutmans - Computer Science, Israel Institute of Technology (Technion)

Email: andi@israel.eu.org Web: http://andi.rifkin.technion.ac.il
andi@actcom.co.il

For my PGP public key, finger andi@vipe.technion.ac.il

.oooO Oooo.
==============================( )==( )================================
\ ( ) /
\_) (_/
Re: man page missing something? [ In reply to ]
>Do you run quotas on your system? It would interesting to figure out the
>remaining quota and see if the email fits inside before bouncing. Currently
>an over quota simply hangs the message in the queue for a week. If the
>message is over the hard limit it could be bounced immediately.

Come to think of it it might not be that easy. You have to "know" what
partition the Mailbox is on inorder to verify the quota. If you only have
one user partition it's ok as you can hardcode it. If not, well I guess one
has to think just a bit harder. Any suggestions?

Andi
,,,