Mailing List Archive

Disabling remote deliveries
Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> writes:
>Patrick Michael Kane writes:
> >
> > I'm interested in disabling remote deliveries in qmail. Anything not
> > destined for the localhost should bounce. Is there an easy way to do
> > this?
>
>Hmmm... You could do it by setting control/concurrencyremote to 0,
>and control/queuelifetime to 3600. Remote mail would bounce within
>the hour.

Where would it bounce to if you can't run any concurrent remote
deliveries? Wouldn't it simply double-bounce to postmaster after
five days?

-Greg
--
Greg Andrews West Coast Online
Unix System Administrator 5800 Redwood Drive
Disabling remote deliveries [ In reply to ]
Greg Andrews writes:
> Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> writes:
> >Patrick Michael Kane writes:
> > >
> > > I'm interested in disabling remote deliveries in qmail. Anything not
> > > destined for the localhost should bounce. Is there an easy way to do
> > > this?
> >
> >Hmmm... You could do it by setting control/concurrencyremote to 0,
> >and control/queuelifetime to 3600. Remote mail would bounce within
> >the hour.
> >

> Where would it bounce to if you can't run any concurrent remote
> deliveries? Wouldn't it simply double-bounce to postmaster after
> five days?

Hmmm.... That would only happen to mail arriving from off-system
(presumably via SMTP) that bounced. The bounce would never get out.
No, local bounces would simply be returned to the sender, who has a
local address, and whose deliveries are controlled by
concurrencylocal.

And anyway, setting control/queuelifetime to 3600 seconds means that
mail gets bounced in an hour instead of the default of seven days.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com> http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software sells network driver support | PGP ok