not what you want.

---Dan
Put an end to unauthorized mail relaying. http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html
Re: qlist2 [ In reply to ]
: > "${3+"$3"}"
: That would glob $3, since $3 is outside double quotes. This is probably
: not what you want.

Stephen has prompted me to look into this further. Apparently the Linux
version of sh gets it backwards: ${3+"$3"} globs while "${3+"$3"}" does
not. Somehow ${1+"$@"} is still handled correctly. Weird.

Re: qlist2 [ In reply to ]
> : That would glob $3, since $3 is outside double quotes. This is probably
> : not what you want.
> Stephen has prompted me to look into this further. Apparently the Linux
> version of sh gets it backwards: ${3+"$3"} globs while "${3+"$3"}" does
> not. Somehow ${1+"$@"} is still handled correctly. Weird.

I haven't checked this out, but perhaps bash version 2 fixes this
discrepancy? FYI, bash is what linux uses for sh.

-Peter