Mailing List Archive

Re: filename:info feature of Maildir/
> It seems to me that, with no officially sanctioned format for this :info
> field, multiple readers or IMAP/etc servers will potentially be confused
> by each other's :info.

I've set up a web page to coordinate semantics:

http://pobox.com/~djb/maildir.html

Let me know if the "2," entry is adequate for you.

---Dan
Put an end to unauthorized mail relaying. http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html
Re: filename:info feature of Maildir/ [ In reply to ]
> > It seems to me that, with no officially sanctioned format for this :info
> > field, multiple readers or IMAP/etc servers will potentially be confused
> > by each other's :info.
>
> I've set up a web page to coordinate semantics:
>
> http://pobox.com/~djb/maildir.html
>
> Let me know if the "2," entry is adequate for you.

Looks good. I guess it would sort-of make sense to pick up the flags
that are traditionally written into Status:, eg "OR" and assign them
specific meanings.

Another thing that'd be nice is rules on what other directories are
allowed in there.

Regards.
Re: filename:info feature of Maildir/ [ In reply to ]
On 7 Feb 1997, D. J. Bernstein wrote:

> I've set up a web page to coordinate semantics:

> http://pobox.com/~djb/maildir.html

> Let me know if the "2," entry is adequate for you.

Hi Dan,

The "2," entry is perfect, thanks!

Just one small thing: it would be useful to have the "D" flag, so multiple
instances of a mailreader/IMAP server could communicate to each other the
fact that a message has been flagged for deletion. It's not really super
important, though.

-m