program to deliver from sendmail to Maildir?
Is there a program I can use to deliver from sendmail to Maildir (like
mail.local)?

Evan
--
Evan Champion * Director, Network Operations
mailto:evanc@synapse.net * Directeur, Exploitation du reseau
http://www.synapse.net/ * Synapse Internet
Re: program to deliver from sendmail to Maildir? [ In reply to ]
Re: program to deliver from sendmail to Maildir? [ In reply to ]
Evan Champion <evanc@synapse.net> writes:
>On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Greg Andrews wrote:
>>
>> I'm not aware of anything like that (unless I wanted to be facetious
>> and say there are five: qmail-inject, qmail-queue, qmail-send,
>> qmail-lspawn, and qmail-alias).
>
>Well, I don't mind that, as long as you can think of a way for sendmail
>to deliver to one of those :-)

Creating a mailer definition that calls qmail-inject would do the
trick. See the diagram at the top of the INTERNALS document, and
you'll recognize the programs I mentioned.

Someone mentioned a perl script that would write to a maildir, and
the mailer spec to go along with it. I've forgotten whether the
mailer def had the 'n' and 'P' flags in it. My reading of the
format for messages in a maildir indicates sendmail would need
those flags.

>Is there a way to get sendmail to redeliver to another port on the same
>machine? I could set up a qmail-smtpd and then get it to deliver to the
>Maildir.

As someone else pointed out (I think), you can get sendmail to do
this. Just look at the docs for the mailer definitions.

-Greg
--
Greg Andrews West Coast Online
Unix System Administrator 5800 Redwood Drive
Re: program to deliver from sendmail to Maildir? [ In reply to ]

Greg> Evan Champion <evanc@synapse.net> writes:
>> On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Greg Andrews wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not aware of anything like that (unless I wanted to be
>>> facetious and say there are five: qmail-inject, qmail-queue,
>>> qmail-send, qmail-lspawn, and qmail-alias).
>>
>> Well, I don't mind that, as long as you can think of a way for
>> sendmail to deliver to one of those :-)

Greg> Creating a mailer definition that calls qmail-inject would do the
Greg> trick. See the diagram at the top of the INTERNALS document, and
Greg> you'll recognize the programs I mentioned.

I have a delivery agent that will deliver to a Maildir. It is
actually written to deliver to the perl NNTP server that I use, but
the agent first delivers to a maildir for reliability. The code would
need some work before it could be used as a full fledged mail delivery
agent. Let me know if you would like a copy.

--
David Blacka Software Engineer Directory Services/
davidb@rwhois.net Network Solutions, Inc. RWhois Development