Mailing List Archive

Small future suggestion for Qmail
Reading through your THOUGHTS on Qmail 1.0, I'd definitely like to see
something that I would hope is a relatively simple task: to make error
messages in a text file. Since Qmail already uses plain text files for all
its config, something in control/ would make sense to control the error
messages. Just load this once at boot.

This is a real problem for us at ML.ORG since we're having users who are
still confused by Qmail's message.... Sendmail was clear enough to me, and
Qmail's "Sorry, there's no mailbox here by this name" is also very clear to
me, but apparently we have lots of confused people. So much I am getting a
whole department dedicated to making things clear :)

Aveek Datta _ _ _ _
_ __ ___ _ _ ___| (_) |_| |_ Network Admin, Monolith @ www.ml.org
_| ' \/ _ \ ' \/ _ \ | | _| ' \ _ SysAdmin, ITC @ www.itc.cmu.edu
(_)_|_|_\___/_||_\___/_|_|\__|_||_(_) Personal Homepage @ datta.ml.org
# All opinions are personal unless stated otherwise.