Mailing List Archive

Re: qmail rpm/srpm
> Given the distribution policy for qmail, it seems that srpms and rpms are out.
> However, it should be possible to distribute the relevant patches and scripts,
> much as is done for pgp and ssh. Is anyone working on this?

What you want to do is distribute a qmail.nosrc.rpm. You can build your RPM
using:

Source: qmail.tar.gz
Nosource: 0

That "Nosource" line will cause the SRPM build to exclude the first Source:
line, in this case the qmail sources. Then distribute the .nosrc.rpm. Folks
can install that, drop in qmail sources, and then rpm -ba the qmail spec file
and get their own binary RPM they can use.

--Donnie

--
Donnie Barnes http://www.redhat.com/~djb djb@redhat.com "Bah."
See http://www.LinuxExpo.org for info on the biggest Linux event ever!