Mailing List Archive

Re: Unquoted spaces in 821 local-part
Sudish Joseph writes:
> My reading of RFC 821 says that the following command is illegal:
> rcpt to:<s. j. sudish@mindspring.com>

Bleagh, I send that before I was ready, apologies for the formatting
and self-followup.

Anyways: Both of "." and " " are illegal in local-part outside of
quoted-string. Shouldn't qmail reject the above with a 553 return
code?

I ask because some luz3r's half-baked anti-spam solution is doing crap
like the above.

-Sudish
Re: Unquoted spaces in 821 local-part [ In reply to ]
Sudish Joseph writes:
> Anyways: Both of "." and " " are illegal in local-part outside of
> quoted-string.

Sigh, this is a bad day. "." is legal, of course. " " isn't.

-Sudish