Mailing List Archive

tcpserver in the ps output under Linux 1.2.13
Having been bitten by daemons dying at various times, I have a script running
out of cron on my systems that checks to see if things are still running, and
if they aren't it restarts whatever needs to be restarted and sends me an
alpha page.

I just brought up tcpserver on a Linux firewall and made the discovery that
the ps output only says "(tcpserver)", so I can't tell the difference between
the various daemons that are running under tcpserver. (qmail-smtp,
qmail-qmtp, qmail-qread on "localhost" and qmail-qread on the address inside
my firewall).

It would be very nice if it were to force something informative into this field,
like maybe the address and port that it's listening to.

Chris
--
Chris Garrigues O- cwg@DeepEddy.Com
Deep Eddy Internet Consulting +1 512 432 4046