Mailing List Archive

QUestion re remote concurrency
w0zz <wozz@wookie.net> asks:

>I'm running a system where we use qmail for deliveries (all remote). I've
>set the concurrencyremote to 220 and increased it in conf_unusual.h, but
>when I run the logs through zoverall i get an average concurrency of
>between 10 and 20.

Have you checked the OS limits on the number of open file descriptors
a process can have, or the number of child processes it can spawn?
You might be running into these limits if your OS has them...

-Greg
--
Greg Andrews West Coast Online
Unix System Administrator 5800 Redwood Drive
Re: QUestion re remote concurrency [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Greg Andrews wrote:

> w0zz <wozz@wookie.net> asks:
> >
> >I'm running a system where we use qmail for deliveries (all remote). I've
> >set the concurrencyremote to 220 and increased it in conf_unusual.h, but
> >when I run the logs through zoverall i get an average concurrency of
> >between 10 and 20.
> >

> Have you checked the OS limits on the number of open file descriptors
> a process can have, or the number of child processes it can spawn?
> You might be running into these limits if your OS has them...

The machine is tuned to death

rlim_fd_max=4096
rlim_fd_cur=1024

(Solaris 2.5 btw)

the descriptor limit for the qmailr user is 1024

\w0zz