Mailing List Archive

Problem with queue policy?
Karsten Thygesen <karthy@kom.auc.dk> writes:

>If I have have several (like 1.000) mails to the same host (which
>is not uncommon if you run stuff like ftpmail), and the remote host
>is down or unreachable, qmail tries to deliver every single mail.

(followups have mentioned that this queue behavior is linked to
qmail's design of splitting a message with multiple recipients
into multiple messages, each with a single recipient)

Perhaps this should become a FAQ item? It seems like it comes
up every month or so.

-Greg
--
Greg Andrews West Coast Online
Unix System Administrator 5800 Redwood Drive