Mailing List Archive

Re: Re[4]: security
As an elaboration. I believe that yes, "this guy" does know enough to answer
your question accurately. His point being that qmail itself appears to be
secure, but a user can trivially compromise their range of access with an
injudicious .qmail file.

The joke is that it's nothing unique to qmail as the same problem exists in
.forward with sendmail/smail and is a fairly obvious problem whenever local
delivery allows process invocation.

To make it painfully obvious. qmail is as vulnerable as sendmail if users
are allowed to construct and invoke their own .forwards. Apart from that,
the general opinion seems to be that qmail offers better security for
structural reasons. I'm of the view that that opinion is correct.

Regards.